TEFI7 Oxford Brookes University
Oxford, the City of Dreaming Spires, provided the inspiration for TEFI7. Our meeting, hosted by Oxford Brookes University, was held in Worcester College one of the oldest Oxford colleges. The College’s glorious parkland and lake provided the inspiration for two and a half days of discussions about the future of tourism education and what we, as tourism educators, can do about it. Over 50 delegates from 15 countries attended this year’s conference, with the theme Tourism Education for Global Citizenship: Educating for Lives of Consequence. In the opening session, delegates were challenged to be the change that we want to see in the world, and to dance to the beat of positive disruption. It was a challenge embraced with passion and gusto over the two and a half day conference. The conference was a fantastic success with much enthusiasm and commitment to moving beyond our comfort zones, and to explore the in-between spaces were we can make change start to happen.
The conference organisers would like to thank our TEFI7 sponsors, Oxford Brookes University, University of Queensland, Temple University and Bocconi University. A special thank you goes to our invigorating keynote speakers, Anna Pollock (Tourism Concern), Alain Dupeyras (OECD) and Professor Nigel Morgan (University of Surrey).
We would also like to thank the members of the Scientific Papers Review Committee:
- Dr. Christian Schott, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Daniel Fesenmaier, Temple University, USA (Co-Chair)
- Dr. David Airey, University of Surrey, UK
- Dr. Janne Liburd, Southern Denmark University, Denmark
- Dr. Kellee Canton, Thompson Rivers University, Canada
- Dr. Gianna Moscardo, James Cook University, Australia
- Dr. David Fennell, Brock University, Canada
Darko Prebezac, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Dr. Ulrike Gretzel, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Roberta Sogayar, M.S, University Anhembi Morumbi, Brazil
- Dr. Gayle Jennings,Griffith University and Imagine Consulting
Group International, Australia
- Dr. Erica Wilson, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Professor Brian King, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Professor Karl Wöber, Modul University - Vienna
To find out more about TEFI7 please go to our 2013 conference page where you can find photos, presentations and the conference proceedings.